Essentially a vanilla yogurt cake spiked with raspberries, this healthy coffee cake is made with spelt flour so it has a more rustic texture. And with options for making this cake sugar free, it could be the very thing to get you out of bed in the morning but not haunt you with guilt for the rest of the day.
And as you might expect from a baker who calls her blog, “Chocolate Covered Katie”, there is an option in the recipe to add some chocolate chips if you can’t abide the idea of cake without a little naughty edge.
- 1 cup milk of choice (240g)
- ½ cup vanilla-flavored yogurt (115g)
- 1 tbsp ground flax (5g)
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract (6g)
- 3 tbsp coconut or veg oil (30g)
- 2 cups spelt flour, all-purpose (250g)
- ⅔ cups xylitol or sugar (or sucanat) (130g)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/16 tsp pure stevia, or 2 extra tbsp sugar
- 1⅔ cups raspberries (230g)
- ⅓ cup more raspberries (50g)
- optional: chocolate chips
- For the full recipe visit: healthy coffee cake.