Layers of chocolate meringue discs, sweetened whipped cream with a touch of lemon zest and lots of fresh raspberries mean this pavlova is as delicious as it is splendid to look at.
If you’ve never made a chocolate pavlova recipe, here’s what’s so surprising.
Simply adding some good quality cocoa powder will result in a lovely chocolatey meringue. It’s seriously that easy to go from snowy white meringue to chocolate pavlova heaven.
If you’re looking for other splendid meringue cake recipes, take a peek at this Chocolate Meringue Cake.
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 220g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 20g cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 200ml whipping cream
- powder sugar to taste
- zest of a lemon
- 200-300g raspberries, washed and dried
- Chocolate shavings for decoration
- For the full recipe visit: Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova.