This is a great meringue dessert that everyone will enjoy.
How do you make meringue you ask? Well it’s not the easiest thing in the world to make, but it’s not the hardest either. Follow this meringue cake recipe carefully and you’ll be fine.
Besides, meringue cakes must be the most forgiving of cakes to bake. Any little issues you may have with the finished product are all covered up with lashings and lashings of whipped cream. Perfect. And delicious.
The lovely Nicole at Heat Oven to 350 suggests this Chocolate Meringue Cake for Valentines Day. I think every day and every occasion deserves a meringue dessert like this.
- 6 large egg whites (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- For the full recipe go here: Chocolate Meringue Cake.