The cake itself is deliciously moist thanks to the addition of creamy Greek yogurt. The ripple of cinnamon streusel (which is just crumble by another name) through the middle and on the top is great for taste, texture and colour.
Add the lovely Cream Cheese Glaze and it’s an absolute winner of a cake.
Perfect cake for a decadent afternoon tea. Or morning tea. Or breakfast. Anytime really.
Fond of streusel in your cakes? This gorgeous Blueberry Buckle Cake has a thick layer of delicious crumble on top. It’s one of my favourite streusel cake recipes.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2½ cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk, or enough to make it a glazing consistency
- For the full recipe go here: Yoghurt Cinnamon Cake.