Before I start composing sonnets, let me just say that this easy Blueberry Buckle Cake combines the best of both.
I think the genius of this blueberry cake recipe is that it is jam-packed with berries. Possibly more berries than cake. And then you have the delicious crunchy texture of the crumble topping (also known as streusel).
Frozen berries work really well here too. And they don’t have to be blueberries. My blackberry version using this recipe was an absolute hit.
Love blueberry cake recipes? Have a look at this lovely Blueberry Muffin Cake. It’s a celebration of blueberries.
- ½ cup (2½ oz) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (3½ oz) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces, softened
- 1½ cups (7½ ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup (4¾ oz) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 cups fresh blueberries (about 20 oz)
- For the full recipe please visit: Blueberry Buckle Cake