The pistachio flour is a breeze to make in your food processor. And the rest of the recipe is just as easy.
If you get to the end of the recipe and still haven’t added the Demerara sugar – fear not. It is sprinkled on the top before baking to give a slightly crunchy texture to the finished cake.
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus more for the pan
- 2¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup pistachio flour (you can make this yourself if you want to – method provided)
- ¾ cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 large egg whites
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons Demerara sugar
- For the full recipe go here: Raspberry Pistachio Brown Butter Cake