This is exactly how you want your yellow cakes – delicious and moist with a lovely fluffy, light crumb.
Homemade Yellow Cake is a great birthday cake. This chocolate frosted version is great as it gives die-hard chocolate addicts their chocolate hit, but it’s not too over-the-top chocolate for everyone else.
With Homemade Yellow Cake this good and easy, why-oh-why would you bother with a box mix?
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour (do not sift the flour)
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups milk with a little added vegetable oil
- 1 stick butter (not margarine), softened
- 1-tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons cornstarch; packed
- 7 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- For the full recipe go here: Perfect Homemade Yellow Cake.