One word might sum up this fantastic banana cake recipe – moist.
But check out the dreamy deliciousness on top … an unbelievably good, tasty beyond belief, Cream Cheese White Chocolate Frosting.
It might just be the best banana cake frosting I’ve seen.
With no icing sugar in the frosting, the sweetness comes from the white chocolate. Now many people find white chocolate a little too sweet, but here the cream cheese, sour cream and butter evens out this sweetness.
You are left with a bowl-licking good frosting for your banana cake.
And what makes this very moist banana cake so moist? Well, it’s the combination of sour cream, oil and bananas (of course).
Interested in more moist banana cake recipes? Start here with this easy chocolate banana cake recipe.
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 116g sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 170g caster sugar
- 120ml canola oil
- 200g cake flour (or 30g cornflour plus 170g plain flour)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 170g white chocolate (with cocoa butter), chopped
- 225g cream cheese, softened but still cool
- 55g unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- 15g sour cream
- For the full recipe go here: Moist Banana Cake Recipe