When I baked this wonderful banana chocolate cake recipe for some friends, one said to me: “Shouldn’t you call it a chocolate and banana cake?”
We couldn’t agree on the right term, but we did agree it tasted magnificent.
No matter what you call this cake, you are sure to savour the perfect balance of deep and rich flavours.
It’s also an easy chocolate banana cake recipe to follow – or should that be banana chocolate cake recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 Stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, or ½ cup store-bought chocolate chips
- For the full recipe go here: Chocolate Banana Cake.