This recipe for coconut cake could be just the ticket if you’re looking for a richly flavoured coconut layer cake. With chocolate ganache and raspberries this is a coconutty delight with a difference.
The coconut flavour of the cake comes from coconut oil, coconut milk and coconut essence.
This gives the cake’s flavour depth, roundness and subtlety which is more difficult to achieve using dried coconut or extract/essence alone.
The multi-layered moist coconut cake, is then surrounded by a cloud of dark chocolate ganache and topped with fresh raspberries. As well as adding a splash of colour, the raspberries lend a freshness and sweetness that off-sets the chocolate frosting and compliments the coconut flavour of the cake.
A very well balanced coconut cake recipe.
Are you looking for an amazing chocolate cake recipe? The Answer Is Cake’s 10 Best Chocolate Cakes will make you swoon. Take a look and prepare to be inspired.
- 179 g (1¼ cup + 2 Tbspn) all-purpose flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- ¼ tspn salt
- 57 g (¼ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 53 g (¼ cup) virgin coconut oil, at room temperature
- 200 g (1 cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tspn coconut extract
- 142 g (½ cup + 2 Tbspn) whole milk
- 29 g (2 Tbspn) coconut milk
- 350 g (1¾ cups) sugar
- 345 g (1½ cups) heavy cream
- 213 g (7.5 oz) unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 170 g (12 Tbspn) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1½ tspn vanilla extract
- fresh raspberries
- For the full recipe go here: Recipe for Coconut Cake with Ganache and Raspberries.