The fruit is the absolute star of this cake.
Baking intensifies the color and flavor of fruit and there’s something about red fruits baked into the paler colored cake that is very festive to me. This would be just lovely on a Christmas table so keep it in mind.
Don’t go over board with the icing sugar dusting – you don’t want to cover up those gorgeous red fruits.
The English version of the recipe is in the photograph or you can use an online translation tool (like Google Translate) if it’s difficult to see the photograph.
For more cherry cake recipes, pop on over to The Answer is Cake’s Cherry Cake Recipe Collection.
- 85 grams unsalted butter, plus extra to grease the dish
- 188 grams of flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional if using salted butter)
- Approximately 175 grams and 2 tablespoons (25 grams) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 400 grams of strawberries, cherries and red currants.
- For the full recipe go here: Summer Cake.