Ambrosia was the food of the ancient Greek gods. This Sweet Honey and Pistachio Cake must be close to a modern day version.
Deliciously moist from the honey syrup, this cake is heavenly for sure.
And so very easy to make – it’s definitely worth trying. It might just end up being your new favourite cake.
This recipe was originally on a site called Jungle Frog Cooking which is now known as In Simone’s Kitchen.
- 5 large eggs
- 225ml greek yogurt
- 225g caster sugar
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 piece lemon (zested)
- 1 orange (zested)
- 150g flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 200g semolina
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 200ml olive oil (mild and creamy)
- 150g pistachio (shelled)
- 150ml honey (good quality and runny)
- 2 punnets strawberries (hulled and roughly chopped)
- Greek yogurt
- For the full recipe go here: Sweet Honey and Pistachio Cake.