This Strawberry Chocolate Devil’s Food Cake must be one of the richest, most decadent chocolate cakes imaginable. A seriously beautiful chocolate cake.
Swoon over layers of moist, delicious chocolate cake, divine dark chocolate ganache, luscious sweet strawberries and shavings of chocolate.
For a cake that looks so utterly amazing, this Strawberry Chocolate Devil’s Food Cake recipe is not that difficult to make. The trick is the layering and colours. Choose ripe, vibrant red strawberries to contrast with the darkness of the chocolate cake, ganache and shavings.
It tastes simply out of this world and must be one of the best looking cakes around. Compliments guaranteed.
This recipe was originally on a site called Jungle Frog Cooking which is now known as In Simone’s Kitchen.
- 185g butter (unsalted at room temperature)
- 385g sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 125ml buttermilk
- 80ml water
- 300g flour
- 80g cocao powder
- 1.25 teaspoon baking soda
- 250g strawberries (or other red fruits)
- 0.5 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
- 150ml cream
- 170g dark chocolate
- For the full recipe go here: Strawberry Chocolate Devil’s Food Cake.