Words like “decadent” and “indulgent” were invented to describe chocolate cake like this.
If you’ve ever lusted after that wonderful fudgey cake texture and wondered how to make your own chocolate fudge cake at home, this is a great recipe to start with. It’s not difficult and you’re rewarded with a seriously rich and moist chocolate fudge cake.
Smother your fudge cake in a dark chocolate ganache and you’ll be wondering where this recipe has been all of your life.
- 200g good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 400ml whole milk
- 450g light muscovado sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or 1tbsp vanilla extract)
- ½ tsp salt
- 250g plain flour
- 50g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp bicarb soda/baking soda
- 3 punnets raspberries
- 200g premium quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 150ml cream
- 50g butter
- For the full recipe visit: Recipe for Chocolate Fudge Cake.