This is a gorgeous poppy seed cake, but where this cake really shines for me is the blood orange marmalade sauce.
I’d say you should only try this if you’re a marmalade fan. But if you are a fan of marmalade and poppy seed cakes, you simply must try this recipe. You’ll love it.
- 80g poppy seeds
- 170ml milk
- 200g soft unsalted butter
- 1tbs orange zest
- 140g caster sugar
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 300g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powered
- 125ml freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 160g caster sugar
- 250ml freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 50g orange skin, julienned
- For the full recipe go here: Poppy Seed and Blood Orange Sticky Cake