Something amazing happens to fresh plums when they are baked. Their flavour and colour intensifies to such a degree that it can only be magic.
In this lovely creation, these magic plums are surrounded with a cake that has been gently spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
This is a delicious cake that is perfect for afternoon tea. Or serve with warm custard for a luscious dessert.
- 1 lb Fresh Plums
- 1 and ½ Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 and ½ Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Almond Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ Teaspoon Allspice
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- For the full recipe go here: Plum in Love Spiced Cake.