What’s not to love about this cake?
First… look at it. The colours are absolutely sensational. The intensity of that crimson red from the plums is insane.
Then… think about it – plum and ginger are a match made in heaven, yet so rarely seen together. If you’ve not tried this particular flavour combination you really should seek it out.
And finally… taste it. Succulent plums forming a sweet sticky topping for a warm and comforting ginger spiced cake. Heavenly.
As you know, I adore upside-down cake recipes (in that slightly obsessed way of mine) and this upside-down cake with plums has stolen my heart.
If you’re a fan of upside-down cake recipes like I am, you’ll probably appreciate these little apple upside-down cakes.
- 3 T unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ C light brown sugar
- 1½ t ground cinnamon
- 4-5 medium to large ripe plums
- 4 oz unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ C + 2 T light brown sugar
- 1 T peeled, grated ginger
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- ⅓ C molasses
- 1½ C flour
- ¾ t baking powder
- ¾ t baking soda
- ¼ t salt
- ¾ C buttermilk
- For the full recipe go here: Plum Upside-down Cake.