This Easy Strawberry Shortcake recipe is the perfect combination of cake, cream, strawberry syrup and beautiful fresh tasty strawberries.
Perfect for afternoon tea, these little delights are an absolute celebration of strawberries.
Very easy to make too. There’s an old fashioned charm to these Strawberry Shortcakes which reminds us that there are good reasons that recipes survive generation after generation.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cold
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, rinsed, stemmed and quartered
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 pints of fresh strawberries
- For the full recipe go here: Strawberry Shortcake.