You can’t go wrong with the classic combination of chocolate, cherry and cream can you?
Happily there’s no need to fuss with this Black Forest Cake recipe so you can put your piping bag away. Despite how incredible it looks, it’s actually an easy recipe. As Aristotle said, “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.”
Brace yourself for compliments – there will be many.
For more cherry cake delights take a peak at out Cherry Cake Recipe Collection.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 113 grams/4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 85 grams/3 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 400 grams/14 ounces dark cherries
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, sifted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon kirsch or brandy
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- For the full recipe visit: Easy Black Forest Cake recipe.