I don’t think I’ll ever really understand how the zucchini-in-cake magic works – but it really does. And this cake is proof.
This is a fabulous recipe for an incredibly moist and fluffy chocolate cake. Smother it in the luscious Chocolate Fudge Frosting and no one (especially the kids) will know is packed full of good-for-you zucchinis. They’ll all be begging for more.
The cake is super-moist thanks to the zucchini, and also quick and easy. Basically, if you can grate zucchinis you can bake this cake.
So give it a shot and brace yourself for compliments.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup butter/margarine
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2½- 3 cups powdered sugar
- For the full recipe go here: Recipe for an easy Chocolate Zucchini Cake.