Full of flavour and texture with a healthy (well healthier) twist.
This cake is so full of flavour all by itself that it doesn’t even need a topping. You know a cake’s good when that’s the case.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or whatever you use)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cube (stick) nondairy butter
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar (or raw sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 large medjool dates
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- For the full recipe go here: Butterscotch Date Tea Cake.