The recipe calls for walnut oil which adds a deep, nutty mellowness to the cake. The oil, bananas and sour cream keep the cake incredibly moist while the ginger and macadamias add a delicious texture contrast.
Another award winning banana cake recipe – you can never have too many can you?
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed in measuring cup
- 2-3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 & ¼ cup )
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- ½ cup creme fraiche, or sour cream
- 1 & ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- For the full recipe go here: Banana Ginger Macadamia Cake.