A soft, delicate cake made with ricotta cheese, honey, vanilla and lemon zest topped with sweet juicy fresh strawberries.
Be still my beating heart.
And if that wasn’t convincing enough, this lovely cake is pretty good for you too. There’s no added sugar as the honey and strawberries take care of the sweetness. There’s also no extra butter or oil as the ricotta cheese makes up for this.
If you haven’t baked with fresh strawberries before, you’re in for a treat. The color, sweetness and flavor intensifies with baking. Make sure you use the best strawberries you can get your hands on.
- 350 gr of ricotta cheese
- 70 gr of honey
- 50 gr of flour
- 4 eggs
- grated zest of 1 organic lemon
- vanilla beans from 1 piece
- 5 to 7 strawberries (depending on their size)
- butter to grease the pan
- sugar to sprinkle on the pan
- For the full recipe visit: Strawberry Ricotta Cake.