But check this out. It’s another twist on combining red velvet cake with cheesecake, and I think you’ll love it.
This is a recipe inspired by the Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cheesecake, and then improved upon.
Judy, the Domestic Goddess, was bowled over when she tried the original.
“It was amazing. Simply divine,” she says on her blog. “Hubby and I are rarely able to to finish an entire order of cheesecake at CF, but every time we’ve ordered it, we devoured the entire thing.”
No surprises there. It is a great cake.
But get this. Judy then embarked on a marathon process to come up with something even better. She researched dozens of cheesecake recipes – for a month – before testing four of them.
She finally settled on a winning combination – a Red Velvet Cake from Martha Stewart’s cupcake book and a modified WS White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe.
The result is fantastic. And here’s the really amazing bit. Judy says this is the first cake she’s baked. Wow.
A word of advice – as with all red velvet cakes or brownies, make sure you use a good quality red food coloring. The red food coloring has to be intense enough to overcome the brown of the cocoa and give you that deep garnet shade you are looking for. The Americolor brand is good and has a well-deserved cult following in the cake and cake decorating world. You can find it here: Americolor Super Red Food Coloring
- 2½ cups cake flour, sifted
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ tsp red gel-paste food color
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 2 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature ( 2 packages)
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 24 oz cream cheese (3 packages), at room temperature
- 3 sticks of butter, at room temperature
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups of powdered sugar, plus more to taste
- For the full recipe visit: Red Velvet Cheesecake recipe.
Want more Red Velvet Cake recipes? The Answer Is Cake can help you. Have a look at our Red Velvet Cake recipe collection here.