Well, deliciously wholesome until you add the ice-cream, cream, custard (or all of the above).
I love baking apple cakes. When I have a plentiful supply and am looking for fresh apple recipes, cake is pretty much at the top of my recipe list. Apple cakes are as heartwarming and comforting as apple pie, but much easier to bake. Try for yourself – you’ll be a convert to apple cake too.
If you’re looking for another recipe for apple cake with fresh apples, have you seen this French Apple Cake?
- 1 Egg (63g)
- 2 Tbs Milk
- ¾ Cup (158g) Castor sugar
- 1 Tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- ⅓ Tsp Fine sea salt
- 1 Tsp Ground cinnamon
- ⅓ Tsp Ground cardamom
- ½ Cup + 3 Tbs (158g) All-purpose flour
- ½ Chopped almonds/or almond sticks (50g), toasted
- 3 Medium-sized tart apples
- For the full recipe go here: Norwegian Apple Cake.