For many years my favourite ice-cream was Maple Walnut so I was delighted to stumble upon this great recipe.
Be warned, though, about the great baking imposter – maple flavoured syrup (AKA pancake syrup). Just don’t go there. Ever. Please.
Use real maple syrup, not poor imitations. I know they’re cheaper, but it’s worth splashing out a bit extra on the real thing to get the authentic flavour.
- 6oz butter, softened
- 6oz soft brown sugar
- 6oz self raising flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3oz walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3oz ounces butter
- 4oz soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 - 2 tablespoon maple extract, to taste
- 8oz icing sugar (Golden is good)
- walnuts (halves for decoration)
- chopped walnuts (for the filling)
- For the full recipe go here: Maple Walnut Cake.