In this Chocolate Souffle Cake recipe a crispy shell surrounds a heart of fudgey, luscious, chocolatey deliciousness.
You’re supposed to wait until this cake cools before you eat it – good luck with that!
And don’t be put off by the “souffle” aspect. It simply comes down to folding in egg whites – not hard at all. Give it a try!
- 12 oz good-quality semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1½ sticks (6 oz) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt + a pinch
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 5 extra large eggs, separated and at room temperature
- ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- For the full recipe go here: Chocolate Souffle Cake.