Three layers of moist, rich pineapple and coconut cake, with a coconut pudding filling and coconut frosting.
Yes you read that right – coconut pudding filling. Two layers of coconut pudding in fact. How divine!
To be honest, it was actually the coconut pudding that caught my eye with this recipe. Cake with pudding – yes please.
It takes a bit of time to pull this Pineapple Coconut Cake together, but no individual step is particularly difficult. And it’s well worth the effort.
- 8 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter
- ½ cup pineapple juice (from can of crushed pineapple)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 21 ounces (3 cups) sugar
- 14 ounces (3 ½ cups) cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon coconut extract
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (not powdered sugar!)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- ½ cup shredded coconut, or more as desired
- For the full recipe please visit: Pineapple Coconut Cake