Check out this single-layer Hummingbird Bundt Cake recipe.
While I love the sky-high, multiple layered Hummingbird Cakes you often see, this is simpler but still fantastic.
If you’re unfamiliar with Hummingbird Cake let me explain it this way – if a really good Carrot Cake married a lovely Banana Cake you would end up with Hummingbird Cake.
This one is dense, moist, slightly spiced with pineapple, banana and pecans. Yum.
Interested in more like this? Take a look at this great hummingbird cake.
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1¾ cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 large)
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. milk
- For the full recipe go here: Hummingbird Bundt Cake.