Full of sparkling flavor, this easy lime cake is fresh, tangy and delicious. A perfect summer cake recipe.
Lime is the star flavor here. There’s lime zest in the cake which is balanced beautifully by the macadamia nuts and coconut. And there’s lime juice and zest in the icing which gives a fresh lovely burst of sweet tangy freshness.
The cake is moist with a lovely texture thanks to the contrasting crunch of macadamias and chewy shredded coconut.
- 150g unsalted macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons (30g) all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, separated
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (124g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- finely grated zest of 2 small limes
- ⅓ cup (34g) sweetened shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup (105g) icing sugar, sifted
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- For the full recipe go here: Coconut and Lime Cake with Macadamia.