As it’s creator Yammie from Yammie’s Noshery says;
There are two types of days: regular days and crazed, ravenously ferocious, stressful, chocolate emergency days.
That’s where this recipe comes to the rescue.
This Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Mousse is incredibly indulgent and decadent. With a rich flourless chocolate cake base and divine white chocolate mousse topping, this is a showstopper of a cake.
Heed the advice of the recipe and make sure you allow the white chocolate mousse layer to set firmly so you end up with a perfectly layered cake like in the photo.
Chocolate cake and white chocolate mousse is a star combination from an amazing young baker.
- 8 ounces (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening (don’t skip this)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- For the full recipe go here: White Chocolate Mousse Truffle Cake.