All of this chocolate and cocoa is turned into chocolate cake, dark chocolate filling, milk chocolate frosting, super dark chocolate ganache and white chocolate shavings. That makes for one seriously rich chocolate cake.
Not for the faint-hearted, this cake recipe will satisfy even the most die-hard chocoholics in your life.
If you’re looking for more cakes like this one, have a look at this Ultra Rich Chocolate Orange Cake. It’s one of our most popular chocolate cake recipes and I’m sure you can see why.
- 1 pound (2 cups plus 2½ tablespoons) sugar
- 3 ounces (1 cup) good unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 ounces (1¼ cup) bread flour
- 7 ounces (1½ cup plus 1 tablespoon) cake flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup freshly brewed strong coffee
- 10 ounces (2½ sticks) butter, melted
- 4 ounces good milk chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces good semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces good dark chocolate (60 or 70% cocoa), chopped
- 1 pound 4 ounces unsalted (5 sticks) butter
- 1 pound (4-5 cups) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces good 100% cocoa bar, chopped
- 4 ounces good dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
- 3 ounces good semi dark chocolate (60% cocoa), chopped
- White chocolate shavings
- For the full recipe go here: Five Chocolates Chocolate Cake.