There’s nothing too complicated here. The cake is moist with hints of vanilla and lemon which provide a background for the peaches and raspberries to shine.
And shine they do. While peaches and raspberries are a classic combination you can play to the strengths of the season and choose whatever fruits are bountiful, inexpensive and delicious. Two fruits are great for a color contrast like you see here, and is also a good way to vary the flavors in the cake.
Perfect for afternoon tea – or dare I suggest, breakfast.
Or perhaps I might tempt you with another delicious fresh peach cake recipe?
- 220g softened unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- grated zest and juice of half a lemon
- 2 large eggs
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 175g self-raising flour
- 125g ground almonds
- 200g ripe peaches, roughly chopped or sliced
- 120g raspberries
- For the full recipe please visit: Peach Coffee Cake with Raspberries.