I struggle to think of these cakes as lime, they are passionfruit cakes through and through for me.
The kick-in-the-pants flavor sensation comes from the gorgeous passionfruit sauce.
These lovely little cakes are only very subtly lime flavored, which provides a perfect background for the passionfruit sauce to shine.
Passionfruit is such an intense taste extravaganza. Fresh passionfruit pulp can be a little on the tart side. That’s not an issue here as the syrup is sweetened with sugar. How sweet is entirely up to you. I like a little bite to my passionfruit.
And for even more passionfruit cake heaven, the accompanying cream can be spiked with more passionfruit. Bliss!
Want more passionfruit cake delights? This Passionfruit Cheesecake is utterly divine.
- 125g soft butter
- 165g (¾ cup) caster sugar
- 2 tbsp finely grated lime rind
- 3 eggs
- 120g (½ cup) sour cream or plain yoghurt
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 110g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) lime juice
- 3 passionfruit, pulp only
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 passionfruit, pulp only (optional)
- 30g pure icing sugar, sieved
- For the full recipe please visit: Passionfruit Cake.