With butter, oil and yogurt, this is a lovely moist, but not too “wet” chocolate cake recipe.
Easy to make too – what’s not to love.
In a fancy bundt pan with a dust of icing sugar, you can transform what is a pretty basic chocolate cake recipe into something special.
- Cooking spray
- ¾ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Dutch processed cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ cups low fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder, dissolved in 1 tablespoon of hot water
- 2 ounces good-quality dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, optional
- For the full recipe visit: Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe from Scratch.