With a sparkling, fresh and zesty flavor, there’s lemon in the cake, lemon in the syrup and lemon in the glaze.
All this citrus goodness is complemented perfectly by plump juicy blueberries. Lots of them too. You can use fresh or frozen berries which means you can make it pretty much all year around.
A versatile recipe, it works equally well as muffins or as a Lemon Blueberry Loaf. I don’t know about you but I always feel less guilty eating a slice of “loaf” for breakfast.
- 1½ cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (approximately 2 lemons)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and rinsed
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- For the full recipe visit: Lemon Blueberry Cake.