As we all know, the French are very good at cake – and pastries, and macarons, and crepes, and chocolates, and custards, and breads, etc etc etc…
This recipe uses icing sugar for the cake batter which is a little different and makes for a lovely fine texture. The cake is moist, rich and decadent.
Topped with the brandy or rum spiked chocolate ganache and decorated with that lovely ring of chopped pistachios, it’s a deliciously elegant chocolate cake.
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 280g dark chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 5 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup of plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 8 ounces, or approximately 230g semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp brandy or rum
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- For the full recipe go here: French Chocolate Cake.