While this was originally called a flourless vanilla bean cake, it is essentially a flourless white chocolate cake – and we’re all partial to a flourless chocolate cake now and again aren’t we.
Vanilla bean seeds and vanilla extract give a gorgeous depth and warmth to the cake, but I think the generous quantities of white chocolate take it from being a very nice cake to an absolutely sensational cake.
The decorating tip is also genius. Very effective and very simple – raid your nana’s doily collection today.
White chocolate cakes make a lovely change now and again from regular chocolate. There’s another great white chocolate cake recipe here.
- 9 ounces good quality white chocolate cut in chunks
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped
- 1⅓ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 5 large eggs, preferably room temperature, beaten with a whisk until well blended
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- confectioner's sugar or cocoa powder for sifting on top
- For the full recipe go here: Flourless White Chocolate Cake with vanilla bean.