The chocolate cake itself is not too rich which allows the buttery icing with crushed Crunchie Bar to shine through. With a pyramid of more golden Crunchie Bars crushed on the top, this cake keeps getting better and better.
There’s a lot of fun in taking your favourite chocolate bar and turning it into a cake. Cake should be fun – as well as delicious, and this Crunchie Cake recipe delivers on both fronts. With so many great chocolate bars in the world, there’s a lot of scope to create great cakes that are inspired by different chocolate bars. Sounds like a fun baking project doesn’t it.
Keen on the idea of cakes based on famous chocolate bars? Well have I got a cake for you. Check out this fantastic Snickers Cake recipe.
- 9 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 115 g (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup whole or low-fat milk
- 125g butter softened
- 1½ cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- crushed crunchie bars (quantity is up to you)
- ½ cups (375ml) single or pouring cream
- 340g finely chopped dark chocolate
- For the full recipe go here: Crunchie Cake.