The cake tastes like coconut. The frosting tastes like coconut. And the cake is coated in coconut.
There’s coconut milk, coconut essence and coconut flakes.
Perfect for coconut fans.
- 5 egg whites
- ½ cup milk
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut flavoring or extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2⅓ cups sugar
- 4½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 12 ounces cream cheese, slightly chilled
- ½ cup plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 3 egg whites
- For the full recipe go here: Southern Coconut Cake