What I really like about this particular Chocolate Eclair Cake is that it’s all homemade.
No packaged custards, creams or commercially produced chocolate frostings so you know exactly what goes into this Chocolate Eclair Cake. That’s always my preference when it comes to baking (any food stuffs actually).
It may be all homemade but it’s still very easy to put together. Layers of graham biscuits, vanilla pudding with whipped cream and a chocolate glaze.
Actually, the most difficult thing with this Chocolate Eclair Cake is waiting the 6-24 hours it needs to set in the fridge. But with no baking involved, it’s a perfect summer dessert.
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cups whole milk
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into Tablespoon pieces
- 5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1¼ teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder
- 2¾ cups heavy cream, divided
- 30 graham cracker rectangles
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- For the full recipe visit: Chocolate Eclair Cake.