But there’s a secret ingredient in this pound cake which makes this recipe extra special in my book.
Pistachios! Now I’m a huge fan of pistachios and am always looking for new recipes to use them in. And pistachios and chocolate chips are a great combination.
As well as whole pistachios, the cake batter includes half a cup of pistachio paste (you make this in your food processor). You might be surprised to see that your pistachio paste is not green but brown – how does that happen?
Drizzled with a vanilla glaze and covered in more chopped pistachios, this pound cake recipe is an absolute winner. What’s more, this is an easy to make cake too.
For lovers of pound cake. Of chocolate chips. And of pistachios.
- 1+1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Pistachios, shelled and divided
- 10 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature
- 3 Ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1+1/2 Cups White Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Milk
- pinch of salt
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Pistachios, roughly Chopped
- For the full recipe go here: Chocolate Chip Pistachio Cake.