Champagne glaze on a cake? Sounds wonderful doesn’t it.
There’s nothing complicated with this recipe. The pound cake uses margarine and oil instead of butter – although there is half a cup of butter in the champagne glaze.
The glaze would work well on other plain style cakes too. And of course any sparkling wine will do, it doesn’t have to be actual French champagne. I’ll love to try this with a pink bubbly one day.
- 1 C (2 sticks) Margarine- at room temperature
- ½ C Crisco
- 3 C Sugar
- 5 Large eggs- at room temperature
- 3 C All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1¼ C Milk- at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ C Butter
- ¼ C Water
- 1 C Granulated sugar
- ½ C Champagne
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- For the recipe visit: Classic Pound Cake with Champagne Glaze.