The intensely flavoured berry cake itself is spectacular. Layers and layers of delicious bright pink-hued cake.
The pink colour is from powdered freeze dried raspberries which is an inspired addition to any berry cake recipe.
Add to all this pink berry cake deliciousness, almond brittle dust, almond crunch, some fresh berries and a cloud of the best meringue icing you’ll find anywhere and you have a cake that’s sure to impress.
The meringue icing is absolutely swoon-inducingly divine. I want to cover all my cakes in this forever. Actually I want to cover everything in this meringue icing to be honest.
This is a baking challenge if ever I’ve seen one. But be brave. Go forth and conquer this recipe. You’ll be rewarded.
Is this perhaps more of a baking challenge than you want for today? How about this somewhat easier but equally as pretty Recipe for Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Raspberries.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour (4-1/2 ounces), plus more for dusting the pans
- ½ cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoons almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (6-1/8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons freeze dried raspberry powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup strawberry or raspberry preserve
- 1 quart combination of strawberries, blueberries and/or raspberries
- ½ cup of granulated sugar (7 ounces)
- ¼ cup sliced almond
- ⅓ cup almond paste, not marzipan
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 recipe of almond brittle dust
- 1-1/2 cups feuilletine (praline)
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar (3 ounces)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar (7 ounces)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- For the full recipe go here: Berry Cake recipe with Meringue Icing.