The cheesecake itself is just a plain baked cheesecake, but the cherry topping certainly makes this recipe stand out from the crowd.
Balsamic cherries are very easy to make. Using fresh cherries, sugar, balsamic vinegar, cherry brandy (Kirsch) and a little corn starch to thicken, you simply combine over heat. Just mind not to over cook the cherries. The less you cook the syrup the redder the cherries remain.
The balsamic cherries are perfect on this cheesecake but work well on other cakes and treats, or even to jazz up plain ice cream.
Scroll down for the recipe in English.
If you like this cherry cheesecake recipe, you’ll swoon over our luscious Cherry Cake Recipe Collection.
- 90 g of room temperature butter
- 40 g of brown sugar
- 50 g of almond meal
- 125 g of wheat flour
- 500 g of cottage cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons of corn starch
- 100 g of sugar
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds scrapped)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cherry brandy (Kirsch)
- a pinch of salt
- about 500 g of cherries
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (if the cherries are sour increase the sugar to 4-5 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- 1 tablespoon of cherry brandy (Kirsch).
- For the full recipe visit: Balsamic Cherry Cheesecake recipe.