Not only one of the best apricot dessert recipes, this Apricot Dessert Cake has to be one of the easiest cake recipes on the planet. Delicious too.
This luscious dessert cake uses tinned apricots so you can whip it up in an instant straight from your kitchen pantry.
One of the cooking philosophies I live by is the “effort to taste ratio”. If it is little effort for maximum taste than I’m in. This Apricot Dessert Cake ticks all these boxes. Seriously, it doesn’t get much easier or tastier than this recipe.
Juicy and sweet, serve with custard or ice-cream for a yummy treat. Thank me later…
If it’s apricot desserts you’re after, have you seen this lovely dried Apricot Almond Cake recipe?
- 90g unsalted butter
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 x 825g tin of apricot halves
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ⅔ cup self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup) orange juice, heated
- an extra 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup) orange juice, heated
- For the full recipe go here: Apricot Dessert Cake